| Stop Ebola, Save Lives|
ELWA Hospital in Liberia continues to fight on the front lines against this deadly virus, and they still need your help. Also, the hospital’s non-emergency services have been re-opening in stages as a number of staff have returned. Ebola cases are not the only ones which are fatal – because all health services were decimated by the crisis, many clinics in Liberia stopped treating cases such as accident trauma, malaria and so on. We are asking God to supply the $526,000 needed by ELWA at this time. Will you consider if God is asking you to partner in meeting this need? Any size donation will help save lives and offer comfort as these patients face these very dark days.
$20 a day for one patient’s additional medication and supplies
$60 for sheets and blankets, that cannot be reused, for one Ebola patient
$70 a day to provide staff to the isolated Ebola ward
$120 a month to maintain the isolation unit
$220 to cover one month of utility costs in the expanded Isolation Unit
Donate here and quote Ebola Crisis in Liberia Project 95217
- for healing for patients admitted to ELWA Hospital
- for the tide to turn in the Ebola outbreak; in the general break-down in health services in Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea, and in the trauma and anxiety people are experiencing.
- for the drop in ELWA’s revenue to be reversed.
- for protection, rest and stamina for the medical team continuing to treat those suffering from Ebola. Please pray for the hospital Chaplin as he ministers to the staff.
- SIM is monitoring the situation across Africa with the establishment of an Ebola Monitoring and Response Team lead by Rene Palacio and Walter Diem. Pray that the Lord will give them wisdom as they work with SIM directors. While our prayer is that the infection will not expand further, we also want to be responsible by making necessary preparations.
For further updates see sim.org.nz/ebola/